Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government has launched a new UDAN Scheme 2023 or Udey Desh ka Aam Nagrik Yojana to make air travel cheaper. Under the new UDAN scheme, people in tier 2 and tier 3 cities can fly at just Rs. 2500/- per hour. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the UDAN Yojana, fares price, how RCS works, how airports are selected, list of operationalized airports and the list of routes commenced till 12 July 2022.
UDAN Scheme 2023: Overview
|Name Of The Scheme||UDAN Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Provide Affordable Air Travel|
|Year Of The Scheme||2022|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Udan Scheme 2023: Objective
- The Main Objective of the UDAN Scheme is to Connect Small and Medium Cities With the Big cities Through air service.
- Citizen will be Provided Cheap Air Travel By the Government Of India.
- A lot of People can Travel through air Transport at cheaper Price.
- The government is going to provide subsidies in order to implement this scheme.
- Citizens can travel throughout the country in less time.
- Enable all the common citizens of the country to travel by plane.
- Improve the standard of living in the country.
Udan Scheme 2022: Benefit and Features Of the Scheme
- Udan Scheme is a Regional Airport Development Program Which is Launched by the Government Of India.
- This is the Part Of the Regional Connectivity scheme for Upgrading the Under-Serviced Air Routes.
- Through this scheme Air Travel Will be made very Affordable.
- Every Cityzen can be Afford the air Travel With this scheme.
- Air travel will be made cheaper and affordable and small towns will be connected with the big cities through this scheme.
- The First Flight Under this Scheme was Took Off in 2017.
- Till Now around 60 lakh People have already Travelled by air for Rs. 2500/- Only.
- People can Travel 500 Km Per Hour In Just Rs. 2500/-.
- Through this scheme, 1000 routes by air services will be connected.
- 1 Crore Person will Fly every Year by this scheme.
UDAN makes air travel accessible to a wider range of citizens & enhances connectivity with many more airports across India. pic.twitter.com/X2wVIq6130
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 27, 2017
Udan Scheme 2023: Some Of Routs Routes
- Bhatinda to Delhi
- Shimla to Delhi
- Kullu to Delhi
- Pathankot to Delhi
- Pantnagar to Delhi
- Ludhiana to Delhi
- Bikaner to Delhi
- Agra to Jaipur
- Jaisalmer to jaipur
- Agartala to shillong
- Aizwal to shillong
- Dimapur to shilong
- Imphal to Shillong
- Silchar to Shillong
- Burnpur to Kolkata
- Cooch behar to Kolkata
- Durgapur to Kolkata
- Jamshedpur to Kolkata
- Rourkela to Kolkata
- Hyderabad to Puducherry
- Salem to Puducherry
- Chennai to Punducherry
- Diu to Ahmedabad
- Dwarka to Ahmedabad
- Jamnagar to Ahmedabad
- Mundra to Ahmedabad
- Kandla to Mumbai
- Porbandar to Mumbai
- Jalgaon to Mumbai
- Nashik to Mumbai
- Sholapur to Mumbai
Udan Scheme 2023: Implantation
- The Aviation Company bid for the air Route.
- The company which asks for the Lowest Subsidy is Awarded the Contract.
- The airline has to book a half or a minimum of 9 or a maximum of 40 seats.
- Presently the fare for traveling by taxi is Rs 10 per km but under this scheme, the fare for 500 km air travel has been fixed at Rs 2500 only.
- That means Rs 5 per km which is less than the taxi travel cost
- With the implementation of this scheme, the time and money of the citizens of the country will be saved
- Tourism Will Also get Promoted through this scheme.
How to get Benefit Of the UDAN Scheme 2023?
- To avail discounts, users have to book flight tickets for their preferred UDAN route by applying coupon code UDAN.
- This offer is valid on flights booked till 31st Aug, 2022
- The offer is only applicable on flight bookings for UDAN sectors
Selected Flights for UDAN Scheme
- Airline Allied Services (Alliance Air).
- Turbo Megha Airways.
- Air Deccan.
- Air Odisha.
Booking Procedure under UDAN
- You can book tickets under the UDAN scheme online from the websites of the above-mentioned airlines.
- A traveler can also book tickets through different air tickets vendors like Yatra and MakeMyTrip
- At the moment an airline operating under UDAN is entitled to a subsidy on a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 40 seats on a flight.
- 50% of the seats would be available for booking at a maximum Rs 2500 per seat for an hour on each flight.
Airline Operators of UDAN
The Government awarded five airlines Air Odisha, Air Deccan, Alliance Air, SpiceJet, and Trujet the right to operate UDAN flights in its first round of bidding, which ended in March this year
- Alliance Air, Air Deccan, SpiceJet, Air Odisha, and True Jets.
- The five airlines have won bids to operate on 128 routes that would connect 70 airports. Out of these, 31 are unserved and 12 are under-served airports.
- Air Odisha would operate on 50 routes, Air Deccan on 34, Turbo Megha Airways on 18, Air India subsidiary Alliance Air on 15, and SpiceJet on 11 routes.
Air travel fair under UDAN Scheme
- Under the UDAN scheme, the maximum fare charges been set at Rs 2500 for a one-hour journey.
- The journey would be about 500 kilometres on an aircraft or for a 30-minute journey on a helicopter.
A little over half of the seats in the Shimla-bound flight, operated by Air India subsidiary Alliance Air are being sold at the discounted fare of Rs 2,036, inclusive of taxes. On the flight to Shimla, 24 seats are sold at the discounted ticket price and for the rest, fares would be market driven. In the return leg, all the 15 seats come under the UDAN fare bucket.
UDAN Flight Routes
- Airlines operating under the UDAN scheme have to ensure that at least 50 percent of the seats on their flights are available at a price of Rs 2,500 for an hour of flying.
- The Centre and state provide viability gap funding for airlines operating on the UDAN routes to ensure profitability of these flights.
- All UDAN flight routes are to become operational in a phased manner. At present, UDAN flights on Delhi-Shimla, Nanded-Hyderabad, and Kadapa-Hyderabad sectors are available.